SSR is Not Enough: Why Your High-Traffic Public Site is Failing the TTI Test๐Ÿ“‰๐Ÿ›‘

 

The LWC Re-hydration Strategy: How I Slash ‘Time to Interactive’ for Public Sites ⚡๐Ÿš€

Codeforce Chronicles #104: Architecture Series

By Shruthi MN | Salesforce Coach & Agentforce Champion



If you’ve ever built a public-facing site on Salesforce, you know the "Ghost Page" feeling. The page looks like it’s loaded, the buttons are there, but when a user clicks... nothing happens.

This "Uncanny Valley" of web performance is caused by slow re-hydration. Today, I’m sharing my step-by-step blueprint for optimizing high-traffic sites so your users don't just see your content—they can interact with it instantly.


What is Re-hydration, and Why Should You Care? ๐Ÿง 

In a modern LWR (Lightning Web Runtime) site, we use Server-Side Rendering (SSR) to send a pre-rendered HTML snapshot to the browser. This makes the "First Contentful Paint" lightning fast.

However, that HTML is "dry"—it’s just a static shell. Re-hydration is the process where the browser downloads the JavaScript, boots up the LWC engine, attaches event listeners, and makes the page "wet" (interactive).

"As a Coach, I always tell my students: If your re-hydration takes 5 seconds, you’ve effectively given your customer a 5-second broken button. In 2026, that’s a lost lead."


My Step-By-Step Optimization Blueprint ๐Ÿ› ️

1. Component Island Architecture

I stopped building massive, monolithic components. Instead, I use an "Island" approach. I keep the header and hero sections static and only hydrate the interactive parts—like the "Quick Quote" calculator—using Client-Side Rendering (CSR) where necessary.

2. Strategic Lazy Loading

I use import() dynamic imports for heavy libraries (like Chart.js or complex data tables). Why load the JavaScript for a chart that is at the bottom of the page? I only trigger the hydration when the component enters the viewport.

3. Minimizing the "Main Thread" Junk

I’ve audited my LWC connectedCallback and renderedCallback methods. Moving heavy data processing to Apex or using Web Workers ensures the main thread stays free to handle user clicks during the hydration phase.


3 "War Story" Use Cases for Public Site Optimization ๐Ÿ—️

  • 1. The High-Traffic Lead Hub: For a client expecting 50,000 hits an hour, we reduced TTI from 4.2s to 1.1s by deferring the hydration of the "Related Articles" section. The lead form was interactive almost instantly.

  • 2. The Global E-Commerce Portal: Using SSR for product descriptions but delaying the hydration of the "Price Comparison" engine until the user hovered over the price. This saved 300ms of critical load time.

  • 3. Agentforce Discovery Forms: When grounding an Agentforce bot on a public site, I use a lightweight "Shell" component. The bot only hydrates once the user initiates the chat, keeping the initial page load incredibly light.


Coach Shruthi’s Knowledge Check ๐Ÿง ✍️

If you want to master high-performance LWC, answer these in the comments:

Q1: Which metric measures the time between the page starting to load and when it is capable of responding to user input?

  • A) First Contentful Paint (FCP)

  • B) Time to Interactive (TTI)

  • C) Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)

Q2: In an SSR-enabled LWR site, what is the primary benefit of "Partial Hydration"?


Level Up Your LWC Skills with Me! ๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿข

Ready to go beyond the basics? Join my Codeforce Academy:

  • Self-Paced Mastery: ₹3,000 (Full LWC & Architecture access).

  • Live Coaching Intensive: ₹5,000 (Real-time performance audits and project builds).

Note: I focus on elite skill-building. I provide no placement guarantees because my mission is to make you so good that the industry comes to you.

Book Your Free Demo Today: ๐Ÿ“ฒ Text me: 6361348307 | ๐Ÿ“ง Email: shrutinarasi@gmail.com


Support the Chronicles! ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽฌ

If this blueprint helped you understand LWC performance, help me reach 10,000 views and 100 YouTube subscribers!

  1. Subscribe to my YouTube for live LWC audits: https://www.youtube.com/@CodeForceChronicles๐Ÿ””

  2. Follow the blog for more architectural deep dives: [https://salesforcecodeforcechronicles.blogspot.com/2026/04/apex-cursors-vs-standard-pagination-50.html]

  3. Share this on LinkedIn and tag a developer who is struggling with page speed!

Comment "HYDRATE" below once you’ve subscribed, and I’ll send you my "Agentforce Strategic Discovery" PDF! ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ›ก️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post